Call SNAP (Spay Neuter Assistance Program), 462-7874, to obtain a voucher, download an application from their website (www.ukiahsnap.org) or obtain a SNAP voucher from your veterinarian in Mendocino County or stop by our shelter and we will provide you with an application.
Feral Cat Program: Animal Control has a feral cat spay/neuter assistance program. Call 463-4427 for additional information.
Low Cost Vaccination Clinics
Rainbow Ag, 235 E. Perkins Street in Ukiah, has a clinic every Saturday afternoon which is sponsored by VIP Pet Services. Along with vaccinations, they provide some other services, although they do not have a spay/neuter clinic. You can call Rainbow Ag at 707-462-2404 to obtain additional information.
- Call the KWINE Pet Watch, at 462-1451, to have your lost pet’s description announced on the radio, free of charge.
- Call your local newspaper to have your lost pet’s description placed in the Lost and Found section.
- Be sure to alert all neighbors and provide them with a photo or description of your pet.
- Call all of the veterinary hospitals in your area; if your animal was injured it is very likely that a Good Samaritan will take him or her to a veterinary hospital.
- Post fliers around your neighborhood, on bulletin boards and wherever you can place them. Animals often are found many miles from home.
- Post on Facebook about your lost pet. Include a picture and description.